- The Kyoto Protocol is the most prominent and complex global environmental
- The future opportunities and threats are contingent on the prevailing
regime, as they determine the extent to which climate policy can rely on
domestic and international actions.
- The Kyoto protocol legally binding international agreement on climate
protection, which may enter into force in the near future.
- The Protocol is based on a control mechanism that allows iterative adjustment
and movement toward evolving goals.
- The Kyoto Protocol is designed to not only undo the climatic ill-effects
of industrialization but also to identify the economic beneficiaries of
the same and make them more accountable in damage control. It deserves high
applause for its flexible approach and concern in letting the business and
economies continue while doing the damage control.